Ya know what really grinds my gears?...the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge...

7:18 PM

I just want to rant about something really quickly. This whole ALS awareness ice bucket challenge is circulating everywhere. Celebrities are doing it, Youtubers are doing it, even regular people are doing it. The whole point of the challenge is to kind of put yourself in the shoes of an ALS patient. The numbness of the ice is almost like a similar feeling to what people with ALS feel. People with ALS experience difficulties in walking, speaking, eating, or even breathing. So when your body is numb because of the ice and it's as if you can't move your muscles, that's how an ALS patient feels, but 10 times worse. After you do the challenge, you donate to the charity. What really upsets me is that people are just doing the challenge just to make a video. They do it for fun, basically. Most people don't even donate. They just get ice dumped on their head for a video. What sense does that make? Like what is the point of doing the Ice Bucket Challenge if you don't even donate to the cause? 2 people have nominated me so far, but I am not going to do the challenge. I would donate if I could, but I don't even have money. I see no reason in doing the challenge if you're not going to donate. So to any people out there with ALS, I sincerely apologize for some of these idiots who are forgetting the real reason behind this challenge.......That is all for this little rant.

Question of the day: Do any of you know where the reference I made in the title came from? XD

p.s. I may be completely wrong about the whole ALS symptoms thing, but even if I am, you still understand where I'm coming from...
xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me on Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe