Surprise Wedding: Blogmas #11

8:39 AM

Hello everybody! Now I know...I didn't upload yesterday! Although there really is no excuse, today's post is quite special. Last night, I went to a Christmas party. But not just some plain old regular Christmas party...Two of our architecture building professors, Carl and Scott, threw a nice Christmas party for the design club. Carl is an interior designer, and Scott is a landscape architect, so you can only image how amazing their house was. They have over 20 acres of land to themselves! How insane is that! It's like their own private oasis. 

I had gotten the invitation a few days before that, and the entry fee was either a $5 donation or bring your own dish. As it was a Christmas party, I decided to dress festive.


But when I got there, I immediately felt under dressed. But hey, what can you do?

When we got to room where the party would happen, there was an island set up with a lot of foods, drinks and such for the party. I just couldn't wait to dig in. We couldn't eat quite yet because the party hadn't started, so we had to go outside by the barn and socialize for a bit.

When we arrived, there was this table set-up where we had to make a cute, Christmas themed candle holder using styrofoam cups, pine cones, felt roses, and a mini pine tree sample.


 I can't say mine turned out as lovely as I wanted it to, but it was quite nice. 


When we all made our decoration, we had to gather near their lovely barn and this is where the surprise took place.


The two professors came to the front and I thought they were going to give some sort of speech, but when I heard Laura, another one of our professors, start saying the wedding speech people say when they marry a couple, my face turned into utter surprise...Our professors were getting married and we didn't even know about it! The wedding was so cute, small and close-knit, and there were some tears shed all around. I just felt so honored to have witnessed such a beautiful moment. And the fact that they shared it with all of us is even more special.  



After that was over, we all herded into the house to eat some food. Almost everyone brought something, and I am not kidding when I say I filled my entire plate with food. There was so much food that I actually started to stack on top of the other foods. Everything was just so good. Not to mention that their house is absolutely lovely. 




The night was filled with conversation, laughter, and fun. Sadly, it all came to an end, but it surely isn't a night I will forget any time soon.

Day 11 Calendar Reveal

And the countdown continues...


ho ho ho

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me on Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe