Fashion? Yes, Please.: Blogmas #8

7:11 PM

Hello everybody! I hope you all had a splendid day! Slowly but surly, the end of the week is coming.

Today has been quite a long, boring day. As any other day is for me. My life is going at a steady straight line at the moment. But enough about that. Let's talk about fashion, a topic you all know and love. I love to shop, you know that. When I was younger, I actually wanted to be a fashion designer instead of an interior designer. I guess I've always had a knack for design. But for me, it wasn't the designing part that I liked. I'm more of the "put an outfit together and look fabulous" kind of person. What you wear and how you wear it makes you the person you are. 

When I think style, I think of boho chic(very Vanessa Hudgens), girly, grunge, and everything in between. My type of style is a mixture of all of them. Lately, I have been really into the 90's grunge and American Apparel kind of look. And as you all know, shopping can get a little(very) expensive. Having no money because you have a slight(ly large) shopping addiction is something I know all too well. When you love to shop, but love to save money, those two never work hand-in-hand. Also, part of the problem is that I'm not very good at budgeting my money. It's a hard knock life for me. So as a New Years resolution, I want to make sure I budget my money better. How else am I going to shop 'til I drop in Rome during my junior year?


 My all-time favorite stores to shop at are Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Walmart(Don't judge. They have good leggings), and Hot Topic. Every other store that I am in love with(i.e. PacSun, American Apparel, Victoria's Secret/PINK, Topshop) is way too expensive for a college girl like me. 



Most of the time, I barely have enough money to buy my own groceries. I know having a job would make things way easier, but I did not have that opportunity this school year. But you better bet your bottom dollar that sophomore year, I am going to be working my butt of. Sophomore year is the year that I must absolutely focus on school and a job because once junior year hits, it all goes up from their. Rome, internships, traveling. I need to be 110% prepared for what is to come.

Usually, when I want some style inspiration, instead of looking at celebrities and the kinds of things they wear, I look at WeHeartIt. Yes, you heard right. WeHeartIt is easily one of my all time favorite apps ever made. Most of my outfit inspirations come from there. Also, believe it or not, some of the girls in my studio class are my style icons. They come to class all nicely put together, whilst I am looking like a potato with jeans and a t-shirt. Every time I see someone who always dresses nice, I just want to say "Can I please have your closet?". Or rather, "Can you shop for me?". A long-term goal that I want to achieve is the ability to go shopping without having to worry about how much money I spend. Obviously, that will take years of blogging, working, and saving, but I feel like at some point in my life, I will eventually reach that wondrous goal. To give you a quick rundown of the types of styles that I like, here are a few pictures I saved from WeHeartIt:


I think overall, my favorite colors to wear are black, grey, and white. Very neutral, with a pop of color here and there. Yet if you were to look at my closet right now, there are clothes with colors all over the spectrum. To tell you the truth, I barely even wear them. But something that I find hard to do is figure out what clothes to give away because I am a hoarder. I have clothes I haven't worn for months, yet I can't part ways with it because I've grown attached. So I think I have another task at hand for the new year. Spring cleaning is something that I absolutely love to do. I love to organize. I have to figure out what to keep and what to sell/give away because there's so much wasted space where new clothes can go(not that I have "new clothes" money). Although, for some reason, whenever I buy new clothes, I don't wear them for a long time because I feel like they're too new and I would somehow mess them up. But once the time comes and I finally break out that cute dress I bought two weeks ago, I feel like this:


For the longest time, I've been trying to contact clothing companies like Rad.co, ShopJeen, Delia's, and places like that, asking if I could collaborate with them. Obviously, at this "early" stage of my blog, companies won't be contacting me for a long time. But something I've always wanted to do was make an unboxing haul. I've watched so many unboxing haul videos myself because for some reason, I like watching people show what they bought. But hey, we all gotta start somewhere.

Now that my Christmas shopping is done(for the most part), I can finally focus on saving money for me and my future. Just thinking about what my future could look like makes me smile. You know what else makes me smile?

Day 8 Calendar Reveal
THE LORD HAS FINALLY ANSWERED MY PRAYERS! This is what I have been waiting for! Another peppermint white chocolate snowflake. Those things are so good!
Goodnight(and good morning to all of my European beauties) everybody!

And the countdown continues...


ho ho ho

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me on Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe