Let's Talk About Boys: Blogmas #3

8:52 PM

Hello everyone! And happy 3rd day of December! Today's topic is something you guys seems to like the most...Boys. As you know, this is a topic I can talk about for hours on end. 

As the weather gets colder, we bundle up more and more to keep ourselves warm. Another way we like to keep warm is cuddling. Yes folks, cuddle season is finally upon us. Winter is the official season for cuddling because who doesn't like to keep warm and snuggle up with their significant other? No one...Unless you're someone like me who doesn't actually have a person to cuddle with. You heard it here first, people. I am(still)single and probably will be for the rest of my life(I hope not). 


Now I know some people are like "Be your own person" and "You don't need a boyfriend", and all of those statements are right. But sometimes I think to myself how nice it would be to be with someone who actually likes me. 

My whole life(ever since boys stopped having cooties), I've never had much luck with the male species. I've never been in love and I have never had at least one successful relationship. I've never cuddled, I've never had a valentine(elementary school doesn't count), I've never had a New Years kiss(sad, I know), and I've never been kissed under a mistletoe. 


At this point of my life, I feel like I'm doing something wrong, and I question myself all the time. Are my standards too high? Am I more of a troll than I thought? These are the type of questions that run through my mind. I like to think I'm a solid 5, 6 if I'm lucky. But I guess I'm not even close to it. I feel like if there was a scale from Gollum to Beyonce, I would be a Dobby. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I wear boy-repellent. What other explanation is there? (I can actually name a lot)


Sure, it's just a little sad that I'll be spending yet another year single, but what can I do? I'm not good at talking to boys, or people for that matter. Boys don't seem to like me here, although I know that's not the case. I know that I need to "put myself out there" and break out of my shell and just talk to someone, but it's easier said than done. One of the main reasons that I don't like to just talk to boys upfront is because I fear rejection. I absolutely hate the idea of being rejected and I don't even know what I would do if I was to be rejected. Probably cry and never talk to boys again(Just kidding...Boys are irresistible). Don't get me wrong, there are so many attractive people on this campus, but I just can't bring myself to talk to any of them. I'm just shy and awkward. 


Everywhere I go, I always see cute couples walking hand in hand and I'm just thinking "Aw how cute" and "gross" at the same time. Lately, I've been seeing more and more couples emerge from the dark, and I'm just like "Where did you come from? You don't need to be making out in broad day light. I have places to be, people to see."


Am I jealous? Absolutely not(maybe just a little). I can handle being by myself. For how much longer? That question is a mystery, but I can guess not for very long before I go crazy cat lady.


To tell you the truth, I kind of(really) want a foreign boyfriend...I am a sucker for guys with accents so I feel like no matter what he would say, I would be absolutely mesmerized. Having been to Europe before, there are 10 times more attractive people there than in America, in my opinion. Everywhere I looked, every corner I turned, there was a 10/10 just standing in the distance. Something I don't understand is that I have absolutely no problem talking to an attractive foreign model, but I retreat into a shell at just a glimpse of a cute American boy. I guess I just feel more comfortable where I truly belong. 

I know there are a lot of you out there who are on the same exact boat as me, and I just want to let you all know that it's going to be alright. The way I see it, God has a special someone for everybody and he's just waiting for the right moment to give them to you. If you're not a religious person and you don't believe in that stuff...Then you are SOL

All jokes aside, you'll find your special someone someday. You just have to wait for the right time. I honestly don't even know what I would do if a guy I liked liked me back. Because it's been so long, I don't know how to relationship anymore.


Until your time comes, just enjoy being single. I know it's such a cliche thing to say, but I'm all for cliches. Go out and have the time of your life without having to worry about anything. I know it sounds like it when I talk about it, but boys aren't everything. Sure they are attractive, they smell heavenly, and are just nicely made creatures, but that's not all to life. 


Relationships require a lot of work, and a lot of love. So enjoy being a lone wolf because it won't last forever(not that it's a bad thing). I am also happy to inform you that I will now be taking boyfriend applications. So Justin Bieber, Brennen Taylor, and David Beckham, it's time to step up to the plate.

...............................

Day 3 Reveal

Milk Chocolate Present
These sweet reveals always make me happy, and it's only day 3! If you ever think about getting an advent calendar for the first time, buy the Starbucks Advent Calendar. You will not be disappointed. Unless you hate chocolate, then you will be very disappointed. But I know something you won't be disappointed about...


And the countdown continues...

ho ho ho

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me on Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe