Purpose

2:01 PM

Hello everyone! Since music is something that is in my everyday life, something I want to start doing is reviewing the albums of my favorite artists and basically saying how amazing it is. So todays review is on Justin Bieber's new album Purpose, track by track.


1. Mark My Words

I think this song is basically Justin telling someone that he is going to be the best he can be and he won't let them down. He wants them to trust his words and that he's going to prove that from here and out, everything will be true and real. This song is a really good segway into the rest of the album.

2. I'll Show You

I think this song is Justin Basically saying that no matter what position he is in, he is human. He says that people expect him to be perfect, but he makes mistakes and his feeling do get hurt. He's a real person with real feelings. But he's going to live his life the way he wants to no matter what anyone says.

3. What Do You Mean

I think this song is on a lot of peoples 'favorites' list. This is another song that makes me want to get up and dance. This is another song that I feel like people can relate to. We are very indecisive people and we say and do things we don't mean. I think Justin has got us all figured out. Truly an amazing beat.

4. Sorry

This is literally my number one favorite song on the album. The dance vibes and good beat is what makes this song so amazing. Every time I listen to it, no matter where I am, I will move to it. When I first heard this song, the only name that came to mind was 'Selena'. This song has Selena written all over it. I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel that way? But, regardless of who the song is about, this song is an absolute banger. Not to mention the music video is phenomenal. Each of these dancers are all part of different professional dance crews. Justin definitely made the right choice with them.

5. Love Yourself

This song is so shady, and I love it. He's talking about a girl who was wrong for him. She was not a good person and she altered his thoughts and what he did. She relied on his name to get her places. He was blind, but now he realizes his mistakes. But he says that she should love herself anyways if she really likes the way she is and looks because he wants nothing to do with her. At the same time, I could be completely wrong. When I first heard the song, it sounded like something Ed Sheeran would write. At one point in the song, during the chorus, I thought he was in the song. This song is so well written and the melody is beautiful.

6. Company

This song is so good. Listening to this song, I wouldn't mind being in Justin's company. I feel like the song is about 2 people who aren't in love, but they just need someone to be with so they aren't lonely. This chorus also has kind of a dance vibe to it. 

7. No Pressure (feat. Big Sean)

I think this song is about someone who has made a mistake with a girl and he wants her back, but he doesn't want to rush her. He just wants her to know that he still loves her and that he doesn't want anyone else but her. This song is very sweet and I think it's another version of an apology song. This is also another song that is very relatable to people who have been in relationships(unlike me).

8. No Sense (feat. Travi$ Scott)

This song has a nice, R&B style rhythm with a hint of pop. I like this song because it's the kind of smooth jam that makes you want to dance. This song is one of my personal favorites off the album. This song is very loving because he's basically saying that even though he's seen plenty of stars and beautiful people in the world, no one else matters but her. Nothing is the same if it doesn't involve her. How sweet can Justin be? Clearly, he's a charmer.  


9. The Feeling (feat. Halsey)

This song is something that a lot of people could relate to. It's basically about someone who "loves" someone, but they're not sure whether they actually love the person, or they just love the idea of being in love or they love the way it feels to be in love. Sometimes, the heart doesn't know what it wants, so it can be deceiving. I really like that Halsey is on the song because she has such a beautiful voice and she is absolutely gorgeous. Although I wish she would have had a verse by herself, the song is amazing nonetheless.

10. Life Is Worth Living

This is a very emotional song. It's so well written and it tugs at your heart strings and tear ducts. The song, in my opinion, is basically saying not to give up. Life has a lot of ups and downs, but no matter what, you have to push through. You shouldn't put yourself down because of something small you've done. We make mistakes and the only thing you can do is learn from it and move on. Your mistakes made you the person you are today. Just like the title, life is worth living.

11. Where Are U Now (feat. Skrillex & Diplo)

This song is one of Justin's first singles from his album. It's an amazing song and the vibes are incredible. Especially since Skrillex and Diplo took part on this song, I just knew it would be amazing. The music video of this song has a lot of mixed reviews, but I really like it and the idea behind it. Fans and just random people had the opportunity to make art that was going to be featured in the video. Obviously, there were going to be a lot of people who would take advantage of this situation and deface and defile the picture, but nonetheless, it was art and everything was included.

12. Children

This song really shows Justin's selfless, caring side. He cares for the world and the people in it and he wants to help them. He wants to get across that he needs everyone's help to help him change the world and make a difference in peoples lives. 

13. Purpose

This song is one of the most beautiful songs on this album. I'm not going to lie, this song made me kind of emotional. When I listen to this song, I feel like he's talking about his friends, family, and fans. They stuck with him through everything and they will do anything for him and that's something that drives him. They give him a purpose to do what he's doing and be the very best he can be. His little speech at the end is what got me. It's so inspiring and emotional. This song is an absolute 10/10.

14. Been You

This song is absolutely amazing, of course. It has a fast paced, pop beat to it. I feel that its about a person who likes someone but they didn't have the courage to tell them and when the person found out, it was too late.

15. Get Used To It

I feel like this song is about a newfound relationship and he just wants her to get used to being loved. He'll spoil and love her till the end of time and he wants her to be ready for it. Songs like this makes me wonder what Justin is like is a serious relationship...Personally, and not what we see on cameras.

16. We Are (feat. Nas)

I really like this song because it's a mixture of hip hop and pop. I think song is about a relationship that has its doubts but he reassures her that everything is okay and that he doesn't want to lose what they have. They are there for each other and no one else can take that away from them. I really like Nas's verse because it's just so real. Absolute 10/10.

17. Trust

This song is basically about two people needing to put their trust in each other. He doesn't want their love to go to waste, so he wants to put his all in the relationship and love with all he's got. Listen to your heart because it never lies. Follow your heart and happiness will find its way to you.

18. All In It

I feel like Justin is purposely trying to make us all emotional. I think this song is saying that no matter what you do, make sure you put everything you've got in it. Love what you do and put your whole heart in it. The end of the song is a really emotional speech. Justin says that he feels like he's not enough sometimes and that he doesn't get the recognition that he wants. But he knows that God is like perfection. So everything he does, he gets his recognition from him and he gives God recognition for giving him the life he has.



As you can tell, I didn't review the acoustic version of What Do You Mean because I mean, what's the point? We all know he has the voice of an angel and I love the song, so I didn't think I had to point that out. His acoustics are always absolutely amazing.

Overall, every song on this album is so meaningful. I can almost feel the emotions pouring through each song, and it is truly amazing. If you are ever lost for words and don't know what to say to your partner, this album has a song for every occasion. I would 10/10 recommend this album to anyone who is looking for a good listen.



*disclaimer: I just wanted to point out that everything I have said is purely my opinion. Don't come for me lol love you all <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me on Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe