Opportunity Is Knocking

5:06 PM

Hello my lovelies! Now I know what you are all saying: "OMG Cheyenne! Where have you been? I've missed you!" And the answer to that is: I've just been everywhere. I've been taking care of myself and dealing with things I needed to do. I have officially graduated from high school and now I am on the path to college. If you've been with me from the beginning, you'd that I've been waiting for this moment since I entered high school. The Freedom, the parties, new friends, and an exciting 4 year journey. Sure, college is hard work and you have to work hard to pass. But I am ready for the challenge. Sometimes I like to push myself and others to do good for themselves. 
Sometimes I do have that nagging worry in the back of mind as to whether I'm going to do good in college and have decent grades and just get through successfully. But then I run through my mind that God won't give me anything I can't handle. If I've made this far in my life, I can make it even further.
 I can happily say that I am not going to be going on this long journey alone. In a short period of time, I have made 2 amazing friends and I can honestly say that I already love them to death. I feel like this friendship was a God-made friendship because we fit so perfectly together. One of the many things that we bond over is travel. As you know, my love for travel is eternal. After my month long embark around Europe, traveling and seeing new territories has always held a place in my heart, and now I have two beautiful people to share my love for travel with. Going to college won't be so bad and nerve wracking after all. 

By the time some of you read this(depending on where you are), I will be on the road to my future. The university is holding a student orientation(duh) and I cannot tell you how excited I am for it. I have been waiting for this day ever since I signed up for it(eager, I know). 

For those of you who are now seniors in high school, I have a little advice for you: Opportunity is knocking. Whether you know where you want to go for college or you don't know at all, whatever decision you make will be a good one. And hey, if it's not, you can learn from it. I can honestly say that I am actually thankful that I didn't get accepted to The University of Tennessee. If I did, I wouldn't have met the amazing people I've met. So I just want to give thanks to God. Yes, I was very upset that I hadn't gotten into UTK at first. But really, it was just God saying that he had bigger and better things planned for me, and he was right. I bet UTK is looking at me now like 'Man, I wish we accepted her. She's so cool'. But it's too late now *insert laughter here* #woopigsooie


Lastly, I just want to thank all you readers for going on this(very staggered)journey with me and staying with me even though I don't update as often. And I recommend you follow my amazingly beautiful friends on their blogs. They are just starting out but I can honestly say that they are absolutely amazing writers!


Stay beautiful and shine on!

Opportunity Knocks
by: Michael D. Nalley

Opportunities often knock at our door
Those we have to choose to accept or ignore
It is sometimes a shame we don't unlock
The door even when we hear the knock

Opportunity may be a road full of rocks 
Life is a journey filled with hard knocks
One road may be right, the other wrong
One road may be short, the other long

Many times we wish we could turn back the clock
To a time that we heard a good opportunity knock
It has been said time and tide wait for no man
For goodness sake we must come up with a plan

The world is a diverse place of cold reality, and warm romance
Where the merciful Lord often offers more than one chance
The wise will learn from the hard knocks to avoid the dangerous rocks
Time will tell who has fell and got back up when opportunity knocks

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me on Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe