Life Goals

2:43 PM

Hello everyone! It's been so long since I wrote a blog post that I think I forgot how to write one. So much has happened since my last post in December. I am settling into the flow of second semester, with a few problems, but I'll explain that later. But before I get into any of that, let me just start off by saying happy FriYAY. I have been waiting for this day ever since the beginning of the week, as does everyone else. The only downside to the weekend is that I have so much work piled up, it's ridiculous. There's no room for fun.

Classes are going fairly well so far, minus one class. I have Theatre, Comp 2, Material and Resources, Design Thinking II, and last and definitely least, studio. As you guys know, studio has always been the root of my stress. But this semester, they seemed to kick it up about 5 billion notches. So many projects with the shortest deadlines. There's no time to do anything and they don't really take in to consideration that we have other classes and other homework. We aren't robots(well most of us) that will do everything perfect, first try. Usually when we are given an assignment, yes it was slightly stressful, but I stuck through it. But today, I hit my breaking point. No matter what I did. this assignment was by far, for me, the hardest. Yet at the same time, it was so simple. No one would help me, nothing was going right. I got so stressed that I just cried. I did. I left the design building and called my mom, which made me feel a lot better. I just needed a break from studio before I really hurt myself, mentally or physically.
My mom emailed me a bunch of websites and videos that would help me out. So moral of this story, my mom is amazing. Since then, I have calmed down. But in the back of my mind, that project is still there.

Now onto a lighter note, I'm doing something very exciting for myself. You guys know how much I love travel. Over my Christmas break, I began to think about moving out of the country sooner than later. I've always wanted to go to school in the U.K. but I never had the opportunity. But this time, I told myself to actually do something for myself. I looked online for schools with Interior Design and I found 2 schools that I really liked; Leeds Becket University and Kingston University. I became absolutely obsessed with looking up these schools and looking at requirements. Kingston is the school that I am putting my hopes and dreams into. It's located in Kingston Upon Thames in London, a city that you know I love. Something I took upon myself was to email the actual design professor and tell him how much I loved the area and the school and he actually replied to me! He told me he appreciated my ambition and he directly referred me to the design admissions adviser. I filled out the application and I submitted it last night. It felt really good to finally submit it and the waiting process is so nerve wracking.

While I wait for them to process my application, I have until September to raise enough money to live and survive in England. I've made a savings account as an easier way to save money and I've been slowly putting money into it. But me alone, I won't be able to raise all the money without the help of my family and you guys. I made a gofundme account, www.gofundme.com/kingstonuni , to help aid the moving process and school. Its been almost a month and I have yet to raise any money, but I won't lose hope just yet. I set the goal at $30,000 just to have enough to fall back on, and I think with the help of all of you, I know I can achieve and raise even more than the set goal.

When you donate to the fundraiser, with each set amount, you get a gift from me! Here is a rundown of each gift you get when donate:

$5: A postcard and a shout out on social media

$10: All of the above plus a U.K. candy of your choice

$15: All of the above plus a handmade accessory of your choice (scrunchie, hair elastic, beanie, bracelet)

$25: All of the above plus a handwritten letter from yours truly :)

$30: All of the above plus a photograph of the area

$40: All of the above plus a $20 Visa Gift Card

$50: All of the above a Candy Gift Bag

$65: All of the above plus a Cookie-in-a-Jar recipe

$75: All of the above plus a T-shirt

$100: All of the above plus a Candle set

$150+: All of the above plus a Whatsapp life update conversation w/ me

If you want to donate, just click the link (www.gofundme.com/kingstonuni) and donate the amount you want. If you decide to donate any of the above amounts, you can tweet or email me the amount you paid and your address, and I will mail you your gift when the time comes! I am very excited to hear from you all and give back to you all. 


Make sure you follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram so you can keep in touch with me and follow me on my journey. Also subscribe to my blog to keep up with updates and know when I post.

Thank you for reading and have a beautiful day everyone!

c'est la vie

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me on Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe